TX1320 M3 hangs on Logo

PRIMERGY, SPARC Enterprise Server, PRIMEFLEX, PRIMEPower, BS2000

Moderator: ModTeam

websmith
Product(s): 6xTX1320 M3

TX1320 M3 hangs on Logo

Postby websmith » Thu Nov 10, 2022 13:04

Hi,

I already had 1 TX1320 M3 and wanted to expand my usage, so I bought 5 extra units - and to test them I moved the CPU+RAM from the other working unit into the new units.

But the new units refuses to boot.

All of them just hangs on the Fujitsu Logo screen, where it shows the iRMC ip address.

I have bought these secondhand, so there are no way for me to enter the iRMC web page and see whats going on. (all units respond to the iRMC ip address and I can access the iRMC webpage, just not log on - since I don't have username/password)

I obviously tested the default admin/admin - but that was not unsurprisingly not working.

When I tested all 5 servers and they all did the same I moved CPU+RAM back to the old unit and it starts just fine still, so CPU+RAM works.

Is there any way I can "wipe" all settings from the servers, bios/irmc - without being able to boot the server past the Fujitsu logo?

Thanks in advance for any replies - and please let me know if you require more information.

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: TX1320 M3 hangs on Logo

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Wed Nov 16, 2022 16:39

Hello :)

Thank you for your contacting Fujitsu Forum!

We would like to inform you, that described issue requires deeper analysis and hence it might be necessary to provide logs, journals, reports and/or any other additional information which are necessary in troubleshooting process. Please bear in mind, that Official Fujitsu Forum is public and nothing that contains confidential information cannot be post on it. Due to this, please submit a ticket to Fujitsu's Technical Support via one of given options:
1. Using contact form available on the site: https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexContact.asp?lng=COM tab "Contact us").
2. Contacting one of our ServiceDesk Office in your country. Please visit https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexContact.asp?lng=COM and click "Your Service Desk" tab. You can find contacts to each Fujitsu's Technical Support divisions on the world there.
3. Sending an email to address: technical.support@ts.fujitsu.com. Message sent should contains below information:
- Product ID or serial number of your device
- Operating system on the device
- Description of failure
- Changes of Hardware or Software configuration before malfunction of the system

Kind regards,

Forum Support Team

websmith
Product(s): 6xTX1320 M3

Re: TX1320 M3 hangs on Logo

Postby websmith » Wed Nov 23, 2022 18:50

I resolved this.

It turns out that is was because I was using a xeon e3 v5 CPU - when I switched to a v6 CPU it started booting as it should.

Return to “Server Products”