RX2520 M5 - Windows Server Install on LSI MegaRaid Embedded (RAID1)

PRIMERGY, SPARC Enterprise Server, PRIMEFLEX, PRIMEPower, BS2000

Moderator: ModTeam

balint.balogh
Product(s): RX2520 M5

RX2520 M5 - Windows Server Install on LSI MegaRaid Embedded (RAID1)

Postby balint.balogh » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:58

Hello,

We have purchased two identical Fujitsu RX2520 M5 servers. They have pretty basic specifications so as a RAID controller the only option to use is the onboard LSI Embedded MegaRaid device. I am able to configure two (aftermarket) 120GB SSDs into a RAID1 array.

After restart I boot from a USB device to install Windows Server 2019 on the machine but the installer can't see the RAID array, it can only see 2 separate 120gb disks.

I've downloaded the drivers from the official Fujitsu support site and put them on an external disk so I can install them by loading drivers during Windows installation but whatever kind of driver I choose, Windows still sees the disks as 2 different drives. UEFI/Legacy boot doesn't matter, it's the same problem.

What kind of drivers do I need to use for that? Is there a guide for that maybe?

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: RX2520 M5 - Windows Server Install on LSI MegaRaid Embedded (RAID1)

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:29

Hello :)

Thank you for your post on the Official Fujitsu Forum!

We would like to inform you, that described issue requires deeper analysis and hence it might be necessary to provide logs, journals, reports and/or any other additional information which are necessary in troubleshooting process. Please bear in mind, that Official Fujitsu Forum is public and nothing that contains confidential information cannot be post on it. Due to this, please submit a ticket to Fujitsu's Technical Support via one of given options:

1. Using contact form available on the site: https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexContact.asp?lng=COM tab "Contact us").
2. Contacting one of our ServiceDesk Office in your country. Please visit https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexContact.asp?lng=COM and click "Your Service Desk" tab. You can find contacts to each Fujitsu's Technical Support divisions on the world there.
3. Sending an email to address: technical.support@ts.fujitsu.com. Message sent should contains below information:
- Product ID or serial number of your device
- Operating system on the device
- Description of failure
- Changes of Hardware or Software configuration before malfunction of the system

Thank you,
Primergy Technical Support Team / Fujitsu Forum Team

Return to “Server Products”