IRMC Video Redirection option missing

PRIMERGY, SPARC Enterprise Server, PRIMEFLEX, PRIMEPower, BS2000

Moderator: ModTeam

toomanylogins
Product(s): TX100 RX300

IRMC Video Redirection option missing

Postby toomanylogins » Wed Mar 31, 2021 13:11

I have rebuilt an RX300 S8 server with mobo from ebay and updated the BIOS and firmware to the same state as before. This is a backup server and is working okay however in the IRMC I am missing the video redirection HTML5 or JWS so I do not have access to the boot screen. The firmware is the same one as before.

BIOS Version: V4.6.5.4 R1.22.0 for D2939-B1x
Firmware Version: 9.20F (Base: 9.20.F)
Firmware Date: Jan 24 2019 - 19:09:32 CEST
Firmware Running: Low Firmware Image
SDRR Version: 3.74 ID 0356 RX300S8

I cannot find an option for this in the BIOS only the console redirection via the serial port. I reset the IRMC defaults. Anyone have an idea why this option is missing ?
Thanks
Paul

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: IRMC Video Redirection option missing

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Wed Mar 31, 2021 16:05

Hello :D

Thank you for your post on the Official Fujitsu Forum!

We would like to inform you, that described issue requires deeper analysis and hence, it might be necessary to provide logs, journals, reports, and/or any other additional information which are necessary for the troubleshooting process. Please bear in mind, that the Official Fujitsu Forum is public and nothing that contains confidential information cannot be posted on it. Due to this, please submit a ticket to Fujitsu's Technical Support via one of the given options:

1. Using contact form available on the site: https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexContact.asp?lng=COM tab "Contact us").

2. Contacting one of our ServiceDesk Office in your country. Please visit https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexContact.asp?lng=COM and click the "Your Service Desk" tab. You can find contacts to each of Fujitsu's Technical Support divisions on the world there.

3. Sending an email to address: technical.support@ts.fujitsu.com. Message sent should contain the below information:

- Product ID or serial number of your device
- Operating system on the device
- Description of failure
- Changes of Hardware or Software configuration before malfunctioning of the system

Thank you,
Primergy Technical Support Team

me@work
Product(s): Scaleo Pi2662, Primergy

Postby me@work » Wed Mar 31, 2021 17:02

You may of course do so...

...or simply check your new mobo's iRMC information for installed licenses.
I'd bet that the e**y mobo does NOT have "a current video redirection license installed" while your "old" one actually does.

toomanylogins
Product(s): TX100 RX300

Postby toomanylogins » Wed Mar 31, 2021 18:44

Spot on. Would appear I need a licence. Dont think Ive got record of the old one.
Thanks

Return to “Server Products”