PRIMERGY, SPARC Enterprise Server, PRIMEFLEX, PRIMEPower, BS2000

Moderator: ModTeam

Labsy
Product(s): Primergy servers, from TX/RX 100 to TX/RX 300
Tape libraries, storage sollutions

Important suggestion for POWER controls

Postby Labsy » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:44

Hi,

Where can I write the suggestion, or who to send it to, about changes, which I think needs to be done in future diesign of Fujitsu servers?
I thin it is very bad choice of design regarding POWER CONTROL of FTS servers, especially in these two areas:

1.) POWER BUTTON
The OFF COLOR state should be red or amber, not green!
And OFF SYMBOL should be "O", not "I"!
I do not know why FTS choose green "I" as a symbol for powered off state, but it is totaly inapropriate, as it is the only device in the whole world using this logic. Also it is not visible from far away. So please, Fujitsu, change this into natural world logic.

2.) POWER STATE indication in iRMC
In old iRMC it was clear at first sight, when you connected to powered-off server, and power ON buttons were clearly vailable in "Power" section.
Now with newest iRMC when you connect to POWERED OFF server, what you see is ALL GREEN, so you get an impression it is powered ON, but it is not. You must actually READ through few sections to find small, barely noticeable text, saying "powered off". And than you have difficulities finding POWER button, because it is not RED or AMBER, as you would expect with powered-off server, but blends into suroundings with GREY design. And nowhere near the power button is any sign of powered off state, so you must hover mouse over to get baloon indication , saying "powered off".
Please, Fujitsu, change this into:
- POWER BUTTON should change color into, or have additional color indicator, GREEN when powered on, and into RED (or amber) when powered OFF.
- server STATUS should not be green in power section, when it is powered off. It should be at least YELLOW when powered OFF...
- ...and under POWER section please, put power ON/OFF switch

Thank you.
I hope my suggestions make sense.

Return to “Server Products”