me@work wrote:I'd suggest to narrow down the possible causes for the issue
- hinge the cables for controller #0 to controller #1, and see if the disks get detected
- check cables between controller #1 and backplane, e.g. by testing the new disks for controller #1 on controller #0
- check new disks separately on controller #0
Until now I did the following:
1. disconnected controller 0 and his backplane, and connect controller 1 to his backpane with all controller 0 cables. Boot up, and it detect the controller 1 but still doesn't detect/see the backpane
or any disk.
2. Checked all 8 disks from controller 1 in the controller 0 (in the 4 free slots), all 8 disks are detected
3. In the primecolect logs I can see the controller 0 with his backpane and the 4 that are in use now. For controller 1 I can see details about the controller but nothing about the sas backpane or the disks in backpane. In this logs I can see that the raid card 0 is in pci slot 10 and raid card 1 is in pci slot 2, and I think it should be in 3rd slot.
When I will find an open window I will try to move the raid controller 1 to another pci slot.
I uploaded some info from primecollect.