Moderator: ModTeam

monokuai
Product(s): RX2450M4
RX2450M2

Raid-Controller defect?

Postby monokuai » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:46

Server:
Fujitsu RX2450M4

Hello, I have a problem with a RAID controller.

What happened:
I have gotten a new file server and would like to use software RAID instead of the hardware RAID controller because i want to use ZFS. The disks were displayed correctly in the bootmenu, but not in Linux (Debian 9). So I set the RAID setting to JBOD in the RAID BIOS menu.

And right here start the problems:
The hard drives did not appear after a reboot, either in the RAID BIOS controller nor under Linux. After a few tries, I set the controller to factory reset, with the result that the RAID controller has a fault due to my fault.

The following problems have since occurred:
- During normal booting, the message appears:
Firmware did not find valid NVDATA image. Please program valid NVDATA image and restart your system. Press any key to continue
- In the RAID BIOS is in the title bar:
Unknown BIOS Configuration Utility 5.17-1301
- All values (Rebuild Rate, MDC ...) are set to 0
- Under Properties no product name is displayed
- Under VD Mgmt stands:
[-] Unknown (Bus 0x5e, Dev 0x00)
No configuration present!
- When I enter and save values, comes:
Error changing controller property, operation failed
Error Code: 0x3

Since it was not known which RAID controller is exactly behind it, I can not get the information.
- lspci | grep mega
Serial Attached SCSI controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS-3 3108 [Invader] (rev 02)
- storecli -AdpAllInfo -aAll
Segmentation fault
- storecli -PDList -a0
Adapter # 0
Exit code: 0x00
Nothing else

My idea was that the NVDATA could be the reason why the functions are so limited. Therefore, I wanted more information from the RAID controller to download an actual firmware update and then install/re-install to possibly fix the error so.

My goal is to get the controller up and running again to pass through the disks in JBOD mode. So if someone has some ideas what i can do, i would be very thankful.

Return to “Server Products”