PRIMERGY, SPARC Enterprise Server, PRIMEFLEX, PRIMEPower, BS2000

Moderator: ModTeam

lotaya
Product(s): Fujitsu PRIMERGY TX1310 M1 Xeon E3-1226 V3 16GB 2TB Tower Server

Expand c: using fujitsu server management software

Postby lotaya » Wed Nov 01, 2017 16:13

Hi Team,

Fujitsu PRIMERGY TX1310 M1 Xeon E3-1226 V3 16GB 2TB Tower Server

I have Windows 2012 R2 running on Primergy TX1310 R2 'Essentials' package for the a small business.

At the time of initial setup Windows instillation setup recommended 35GB, so gave 50GB. However as all the updates and snapin being loaded I am at 45GB (90%) and need to install the latest updates.

I went to disk manager to extend the 50GB partition but it is greyed out same with Server Manager.

Question is can I use the standard Windows Setup to Extend the partition or the fujitsu server management software

Apologies for a noddy question but I do not want to go down the route of a re-install.

Regards,

Ajitpal

me@work
Product(s): Scaleo Pi2662, Primergy

Re: Expand c: using fujitsu server management software

Postby me@work » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:31

Quick answer, most probably:

No.

In order to extend Windows C: partition, you are in need of adjacent free space on the "disk" where partition C: is located. If this is not available (e.g. because partition D: starts right after C:, or C: is located on a dedicated Virtual Drive configured on a fitted RAID controller), then you're out of luck, and need to leverage "other" tools. This means it's not impossible, but not achievable using standard, OS or manufacturer supplied tools.

For a possibly more precise response, we'd need more technical details about the physical mass storage configuration of your server, i.e. disk sizes, RAID controller type and configuration, partition layout on VDs, ...

Return to “Server Products”