PRIMERGY TX1310 M3

PRIMERGY, SPARC Enterprise Server, PRIMEFLEX, PRIMEPower, BS2000

Moderator: ModTeam

tenhi
Product(s): TX1310 M3

PRIMERGY TX1310 M3

Postby tenhi » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:46

Hi All,
I bought subj and discovered that there are no hw raid.I have configured virtualization host using Proxmox 5 with Raid1 using mdadm.

One of my VM will be MS SQL Server and I need something better than software raid. Could you please advice which raid controller I can buy with at least 512M or 1Gb memory?

I am choosing between:
Adaptec RAID 8805E V2
LSI Logic MegaRAID SAS 9240-4i SNGL 6Gb/s (LSI00199)
Fujitsu S26361-F5243-L2

will it work?

Also I want to know will this server support additional memory Kingston KVR24R17S4L/8
specification is here: https://www.kingston.com/datasheets/KVR24R17S4L_8.pdf
I want to buy additional 3x8Gb. It's 2440Mhz and supports ECC, but I want to know if there any vendor restrictions or something else for mentioned server.

Davie
Product(s): PRIMERGY, ServerView

Re: PRIMERGY TX1310 M3

Postby Davie » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:13

It appears Fujitsu don't support a plug in RAID card for this server - it is the very basic subentry-level server after all

There is hardware RAID built in on the motherboard (LSI SATA Embedded MegaRAID) - this needs to be enabled in the BIOS as it is disabled by default. However there are some restrictions on the available driver for this onboard RAID if you are using virtualization operating systems

Fujitsu only recommend RAM endorsed by themselves - though this could be Samsung RAM or other manufacturers. Any RAM not endorsed by Fujitsu will not have the required watermark embedded in the RAM and so will bring up warnings about unauthorised RAM - and your warranty may be restricted - however it will usually work.

I have had issues with Kingston RAM in the past though - better to go with Fujitsu authorised RAM then you are covered in the even of problems

tenhi
Product(s): TX1310 M3

Postby tenhi » Thu Oct 19, 2017 16:03

Davie wrote:It appears Fujitsu don't support a plug in RAID card for this server - it is the very basic subentry-level server after all

There is hardware RAID built in on the motherboard (LSI SATA Embedded MegaRAID) - this needs to be enabled in the BIOS as it is disabled by default. However there are some restrictions on the available driver for this onboard RAID if you are using virtualization operating systems

Fujitsu only recommend RAM endorsed by themselves - though this could be Samsung RAM or other manufacturers. Any RAM not endorsed by Fujitsu will not have the required watermark embedded in the RAM and so will bring up warnings about unauthorised RAM - and your warranty may be restricted - however it will usually work.

I have had issues with Kingston RAM in the past though - better to go with Fujitsu authorised RAM then you are covered in the even of problems

Hi Dave,
Regarding the embedded RAID it's software RAID. If you configure it - mdadm will support and show it via /etc/mdstat as regular software RAID.
The one thing it's differ from regular mdadm for user - you can use full partition as raid-member. But at the end it's not the HW Raid.

Why does not this server support any raid cards? From logic if you have server and PCI-express, you can use all that this interface supported. Looking for somebody who have tested it :)

As for unauthorised RAM and warranty it's not so important for me. I live in Russia and have tryed to find appropriate RAM for this server - no results. I work for partner of Fujitsu, but can't find it. Only from abroad and very expensive

giaza
Product(s): PRIMERGY TX1310 M3

Postby giaza » Fri Nov 02, 2018 14:03

PRIMERGY TX1310 M3 Centos 7.5 RAID Installation
Postby giaza » Fri Nov 02, 2018 13:59

1 Download RAID Driver for Red Hat Enterprise from Fujitsu Support site.
2 Save the driver ISO Image into a USB drive.
Create a RAID Volume using The bios Utility.
At Centos installation prompt, press E to edit 'Install Centos 7' linuxefi line.
Add the following text at the end of the line: inst.dd modprobe.blacklist=ahci.
You will be asked to choose the drive with the driver iso image; choose the driver and press ctrl X to confirm your selection; Continue installation, your raid volume should be detected.

Return to “Server Products”