Please help - Primergy RX200 S4 RAID1 Config Instructions Required

PRIMERGY, SPARC Enterprise Server, PRIMEFLEX, PRIMEPower, BS2000

Moderator: ModTeam

adcit
Product(s): Fujitsu Primergy RX200 S4

Please help - Primergy RX200 S4 RAID1 Config Instructions Required

Postby adcit » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:55

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this as it's really getting the better of me.

I purchased the above server and am trying to setup the 2 identical 250GB WD HDD's as RAID 1.

When booting earlier today I noticed during POST that the RAID controller is detected and to configure RAID I should press Ctrl-M.

Well when it came to setting up the RAID some time later I booted the system however the option to enter the raid configuration didn't come up and every time I reboot and try again it no longer shows the Ctrl-M option thus disabling the option to configure RAID.

Does anyone know if there's any specific setup in the BIOS which would prevent this option from showing or if there's a certain config I have to setup for the RAID to become available?

In the BIOS the ATA Peripherals option is set to RAID.....

Any assistance would be appreciated

revolgk
Product(s): Primergy Servers

Re: Please help - Primergy RX200 S4 RAID1 Config Instructions Required

Postby revolgk » Tue May 10, 2016 11:00

In the BIOS setup utility under "Advanced" second line from the bottom there is an option
"Reset Configuration Data:" NO change this to YES
EXIT with save changes & Exit
on reboot go into BIOS setup and check all settings
You cannot see what this changes but I have used it several times successfully when nothing else helped
Best Regards

me@work
Product(s): Scaleo Pi2662, Primergy

Re: Please help - Primergy RX200 S4 RAID1 Config Instructions Required

Postby me@work » Tue May 10, 2016 16:53

...and if that still does not help, you may want to try and simply press Ctrl-M repeatedly during boot.

Most probably your monitor is "re-adjusting" when the controller's BIOS messages get shown, so that you can't actually see them.

Most sophisticated way of handling the issue is of course booting the Server Start Installation Manager DVD which features a configuration utility named SV-RAID.

Return to “Server Products”