PRIMERGY, SPARC Enterprise Server, PRIMEFLEX, PRIMEPower, BS2000

Moderator: ModTeam

rfg
Product(s): RX4770
RX300

support for VMware vSphere 6.0

Postby rfg » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:33

Hello,

VMware vSphere 6.0 is GA since last week. I'm going to deploy 2 new cluster in the next couple of weeks, one with RX300, the other with RX4770. I'd like to install everything with 6.0 (bleeding edge...), thus I' like to know if there is any roadmap when a custom Fujitsu ESXi ISO will be available?

Another thing I noticed. I did some tests with the current 5.5 Image, now I noticed that there are 2 different versions available at VMware and Fujitsu. From what I can see, the FTS Image is more recent than the one at VMware. I guess the Image at the VMware site comes from Fujitsu, so not keep them on sync?

VMware-ESXi-5.5.0.update02-2143827-Fujitsu-v320-1.iso
https://my.vmware.com/de/group/vmware/d ... nloadType=

FTS_FujitsuCustomImageESXi55Update2_32112456374_1125463.zip
http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/download/ ... 4DBD7ED7A7

me@work
Product(s): Scaleo Pi2662, Primergy

Re: support for VMware vSphere 6.0

Postby me@work » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:07

Well, let's try to add comments to all the items...

- FTS's Custom Images normally take 4 to 6 weeks after a VMware release to officially appear.
- When you take your time to look closer at FTS's download site, you'll notice that you can actually also get "Previous versions". There, you will find the image 320-1 (if the Primergy model you chose really is supported for that version), which is currently available at VMware, too. It might take some more time for VMware to actually present FTS's latest 55 version 321-1 on their download pages as well.
- All FTS images come from FTS. VMware does not alter them at all. They're just offering their webspace to host the download files.
- The term "RX300" is insufficient. There are 8 (in words: eight) different generations of "RX300", each which with different capabilities and supported operating systems (versions).

(Ich nehme mir jetzt einfach mal heraus, es mit der englischen Beantwortung zu belassen.)

rfg
Product(s): RX4770
RX300

Re: support for VMware vSphere 6.0

Postby rfg » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:56

me@work wrote:- FTS's Custom Images normally take 4 to 6 weeks after a VMware release to officially appear.

ok, then I'll have to start with the 5.5 image

- When you take your time to look closer at FTS's download site, you'll notice that you can actually also get "Previous versions". There, you will find the image 320-1 (if the Primergy model you chose really is supported for that version), which is currently available at VMware, too. It might take some more time for VMware to actually present FTS's latest 55 version 321-1 on their download pages as well.
- All FTS images come from FTS. VMware does not alter them at all. They're just offering their webspace to host the download files.

I was just a bit confused by the different naming of the files.

- The term "RX300" is insufficient. There are 8 (in words: eight) different generations of "RX300", each which with different capabilities and supported operating systems (versions).

We just have bought them and it's the first project we realize with Fujitsu server, it's the R8 generation.

Return to “Server Products”