RAID Degraded (Disk Failure)

PRIMERGY, SPARC Enterprise Server, PRIMEFLEX, PRIMEPower, BS2000

Moderator: ModTeam

lexposito1986
Product(s): RX2530 M5, TX1330 M4, TX1320 M4

RAID Degraded (Disk Failure)

Postby lexposito1986 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 16:27

Good morning:
I have a Primergy RX2530 M5 and created time ago a RAID5 (4xHDD 2Tb=5.4 Tb) using server SETUP tool. Operating System: Proxmox VE v7.0.

Four days ago I got some vacations and the guy in charge "brainless boss" pull out a hard disk from raid without turning off server and right now I have a degraded RAID with a disk failure and a lot of warnings and critical errors in iRMC Mass Storage logs.

I searched on internet about how to fix a degraded RAID in Fujitsu servers without loosing info and I found almost nothing. So, right now I have some ideas:

1- Copy all from RAID to an external disk, disintegrate RAID and create again if HDD is good.
2- Pull out HDD from RAID, connect to a PC, clean and format and insert as new one (it sounds souspicious and little dangerous) and autorebluid. I don´t what is going to happen if I do it.
3- Second option using a new HDD, not a recycled HDD.

How should I proceed in order to do it properly? I could not find something like step by step guide.
Disco averiado en Primergy RX2530 M5 (Zeus).pdf
Server status SETUP, iRMC
(212.42 KiB) Downloaded 150 times

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: RAID Degraded (Disk Failure)

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Fri Dec 02, 2022 13:15

Hello!
Thank you for your post on the Official Fujitsu Forum! We would like to inform you, that described issue requires deeper analysis and hence it might be necessary to provide logs, journals, reports and/or any other additional information which are necessary in troubleshooting process. Please bear in mind, that Official Fujitsu Forum is public and nothing that contains confidential information cannot be post on it. Due to this, please submit a ticket to Fujitsu's Technical Support via one of given options:
1. Using contact form available on the site: https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexContact.asp?lng=COM tab "Contact us").
2. Contacting one of our ServiceDesk Office in your country. Please visit https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexContact.asp?lng=COM and click "Your Service Desk" tab. You can find contacts to each Fujitsu's Technical Support divisions on the world there.
3. Sending an email to address: technical.support@ts.fujitsu.com. Message sent should contains below information:
- Product ID or serial number of your device
- Operating system on the device
- Description of failure
- Changes of Hardware or Software configuration before malfunction of the system
Thank you,
Primergy Technical Support Team

Return to “Server Products”