Wake On Lan Activation

PRIMERGY, SPARC Enterprise Server, PRIMEFLEX, PRIMEPower, BS2000

Moderator: ModTeam

Breezy123
Product(s): D3417-B21

Wake On Lan Activation

Postby Breezy123 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:52

Hello Everybody,

I am using a Fujitsu D3417-B21 Board for my Homeserver/NAS System (TrueNAS System, FreeBSD based). Due to the fact that i dont like the whole system constantly running, i tried to activate WOL. This should be possible according to the manual. Unfortunatly when i check the function on the Networkcard in the BIOS it tells me that the WOL is N/A. Does anybody knows how to activate it or has a workaround for me? BOIS Version is R1.26.0

Greetings Johannes

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: Wake On Lan Activation

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:16

Hello :D
Thank you for contacting Fujitsu!

Technical support for OEM / industrial mainboards by Fujitsu Global Technical Support (GTS) was discontinued starting from April, 1st 2021. Please contact your dealer or distributor directly with technical inquiries. If necessary, they have access to our technical support for distributors.

When contacting the retailer/distributor, please include the mainboard serial number. The small white sticker with the 8-digit serial number (numbers only), the mainboard name (Dxxxx) and a barcode is located directly on the circuit board in the edge area. Alternatively, you can read the serial number from the DMI data, for example under Windows with the command line command "wmic baseboard get serial number".

We do not sell our OEM mainboards directly to end customers and therefore unfortunately cannot offer direct end customer support.

Best regards,
Fujitsu Forum Technical Support

Zhyryk
Product(s): D3417-B21 GS2

Re: Wake On Lan Activation

Postby Zhyryk » Tue Aug 23, 2022 13:36

Breezy123 wrote:Hello Everybody,

I am using a Fujitsu D3417-B21 Board for my Homeserver/NAS System (TrueNAS System, FreeBSD based). Due to the fact that i dont like the whole system constantly running, i tried to activate WOL. This should be possible according to the manual. Unfortunatly when i check the function on the Networkcard in the BIOS it tells me that the WOL is N/A. Does anybody knows how to activate it or has a workaround for me? BOIS Version is R1.26.0

Greetings Johannes

Hi. I have the same MB in my "XPE" NAS and WOL works fine even if it is set to N/A in BIOS (v1.26).

Off-topic. Does your MB's BIOS have the "Advanced \ Trusted Computing" sub-menu for managing TMP functions? My doesn't have =(
P.S. Sorry for my English

Return to “Server Products”