Low sound from screen speakers

CELVIN NAS, Storagebird, Memorybird, Keyboards, WebCam, etc.

Moderator: ModTeam

spenceg
Product(s): Lifebook S572, PR120 Port Replicator, B22W screen, Full HD Pro Webcam

Low sound from screen speakers

Postby spenceg » Wed Jan 11, 2017 17:46

I have a S752 and a PR120 port replicator with B22-W screen. When I plug the audio cable from monitor into the headphone port on the laptop the speaker amplification from the B22-W in-built speakers is fine.

If however if plug into the headphone port of the port replicator the sound is extremely quiet (so much so it is hardly audible). Other colleagues have the issue (so it is not problematic HW), but they just use the port on the laptop.

I prefer it should work, hence this question. I currently wonder if the laptop has some sort of AMP and the port replicator does not.

I tried updating to latest Realtek drivers, but no improvement. Realtek audio manager of course recognises the two ports and also see the cable being plugged in.

Volumes etc. are all on full also of course.

Any advice/ideas?

Diplodocus
Product(s): Various

Re: Low sound from screen speakers

Postby Diplodocus » Thu May 04, 2017 11:48

Hi spenceg,
I have just tested this on my S752 and Port Rep. I can re-create when changing the device advanced settings in Realtek HD Audio Manager.

See image attached:
Sound.PNG
Sound.PNG (97.4 KiB) Viewed 17217 times

When the setting is set to the attached it separates the streams, therefore meaning you can change the volume setting for each stream. please can you check this setting? If you set it back to Playback same stream on internal output device and headphone it will only playback with one volume steam.

Diplodocus :D
Diplodocus :D

sunitapr
Product(s): Lifebook

Postby sunitapr » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:05

Thanks for solution. I was also facing same issue. I hope it will resolve.

martinas
Product(s): ESPRIMO

Postby martinas » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:47

Run the Windows Audio Troubleshooter

If you’ve increased all the volume controls and the sound is still too low, open the Playing Audio troubleshooter. Windows 10 includes the Playing Audio troubleshooter that can resolve numerous volume issues. spotify premium
mod
You can open that troubleshooter as follows:

Click the Cortana button to open Windows 10’s search box.
Enter the keyword ‘troubleshooter’ in the search box.
Click Troubleshoot to open the Settings window as shown directly below.

mohsin73
Product(s): Processor

Postby mohsin73 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 13:57

There are a few things that could be causing this issue. First, check to make sure the volume on your device is turned up all the way. If it is, then the next thing to check is the audio settings on the app or video you're trying to watch. https://mamc.ae/Many times there is an independent volume control within the app itself. Finally, if neither of those solutions works, it's possible that the speakers on your device are damaged or not working properly.

Return to “Accessories”