Fujitsu Technology Solutions - Forum

Storagebird 35EV840 - no drive letter appears

Storagebird, Memorybird, Keyboards, WebCam, etc.

Moderator: ModTeam

Storagebird 35EV840 - no drive letter appears

Postby storagebird on Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:53

I bought this product. I connected it to my MacBook Pro and it appeared no problem and it works. I then connected it to my ordinary laptop (Windows Vista) and while it says 'Mass storage device' as the USB device, no drive letter appears in 'My Computer'. I have tried un-installing and re-installing driver, etc.. but no luck. I also tried it on another laptop which is using Windows XP. Again it says 'Mass storage device' but no drive letter appears. I have no problem with other storage devices I connect (including my older 35EV820), so re-installing the OS would not be the solution.

Could it be something to do with 'TimeMachine' on the MacBook? Maybe by connecting it to the MacBook originally caused the problem? It still works fine on the MacBook.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.
storagebird

Product(s): Storagebird 35EV840

Re: Storagebird 35EV840 - no drive letter appears

Postby Konstantinos on Sun Jan 10, 2010 13:47

I had the same problem and here is the solution.Right click on My computer.Click on Manage.Click on Disk Managment.Right Click on your STORAGEBIRD On NEW PARTITION follow instructions.Hope it helped.
Konstantinos

Product(s): 35EV840

Postby storagebird on Mon Jan 11, 2010 15:00

Many thanks. Will try that. I ended up using it only on the Apple and got another for the PC/laptop.

Hope to get it working though!
storagebird

Product(s): Storagebird 35EV840

Postby noone2010 on Mon May 03, 2010 11:16

I am having the same problem the lap top only recognise it as a usb mass storage device.
I have tried Right click on My computer.Click on Manage.Click on Disk Managment.Right Click on your STORAGEBIRD On NEW PARTITION follow instructions.
But it will not let me do it?
I only got this Saturday and can not afford to get another hard drive is their any thing I can do or have I been ripped off?
noone2010

Product(s): storagebird 35ev840

Return to Accessories