PR09 charging port

CELVIN NAS, Storagebird, Memorybird, Keyboards, WebCam, etc.

Moderator: ModTeam

Mg777
Product(s): NPR44

PR09 charging port

Postby Mg777 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:13

Hello,

I have a problem with the usb-c port on the side, the one which can be used to charge, when I connect a phone or tablet the dock doesn't charge it. The port works if I turn the dock on so no idea what is going on. I've installed the 1.4 PD update but still no luck.

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Re: PR09 charging port

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:30

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Fujitsu!
Could you kindly provide a SystemScan from the laptop which the PR09 is connected to:
https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/IndexDow ... 48DA86E8C6

Best regards,
Fujitsu Forum Support

Mg777

Postby Mg777 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 16:44

It's not connected to any computer, I'm using it to charge the devices, shouldn't it be ablet to do it even if it's not plugged in?

Ask Fujitsu
Product(s): n/a

Postby Ask Fujitsu » Fri Jan 20, 2023 17:32

USB-PD is a function defined by USB-IF according to the current specification of USB-PD Version 3.0.
It offers the possibility of power delivery via the USB-C cable and offers a Charging power of up to 60W, so you can conveniently charge your notebook or tablet.
The port replicator's USB PD function works independently of the port replicator's operational status, i. H. USB-PD works regardless of whether the port replicator is on or off is switched off.
Please ensure that you always use the USB-C to USB-C cable and power adapter supplied with the port replicator for charging via USB-PD are included. Otherwise security problems may occur!
This port replicator has been tested with systems developed by FUJITSU that have a
Require power supply of max. 60 W via USB-PD.
For other systems that only accept their own brand USB-PD chargers due to special power supply regulations, the USB-PD support from this Port Replicator restricted.
Please note that such a restriction due to the system of the mark in question.
For some systems that need more than 60W, USB PD power delivery can be from Port Replicator will be denied or loading will be slow.
USB-PD only works via a USB-C to USB-C cable connection. Also must your system's USB-C port supports USB-PD 2.0 or higher.

Do not use an AC adapter other than the one included supplied with the port replicator.
There is only one USB-C UFP (upstream USB port) with PowerDelivery.
The other USB-C are USB DFP (downstream USB port) without PowerDelivery.

Best regards,
Fujitsu Forum Support

Mg777

Postby Mg777 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 23:06

Thanks for your message.

According to the manual, one of the usb-c ports on the side has BC1.2 support. Should it charge a tablet or phone even if the port replicator is off or it has nothing to do with USB-PD?

Return to “Accessories”