Sudden strange behaviour from Scenicview P20

Fujitsu Displays, AMILO Display, SCENICVIEW, SCALEOVIEW, etc.

Moderator: ModTeam

activityworkshop
Product(s): Scenicview P20

Sudden strange behaviour from Scenicview P20

Postby activityworkshop » Tue Jan 31, 2017 18:54

Hi all,

As in the title, I have a Scenicview P20, connected by DVI, and it's been working perfectly for years. Now suddenly we get no sound and the buttons are behaving strangely. (The picture is still fine though). Could it be a (hopefully repairable) hardware problem? Or just settings?

If I press the "volume down" button (which used to mute/unmute the speakers), now it just shows a message "Power button locked" with a progress bar, which stays there for several seconds. I've never seen this message before, and apparently it should only be shown when _both_ volume buttons are pressed and held. I can unlock the power button again in the same way.

Also, if I press the "Select/Menu" button, I don't get the usual menu, but just a message showing "Analogue" and "Digital" (with a tick by Digital). While this is shown, if I press either "Select/Menu" or "Exit/Auto" then it switches to Analogue (where nothing is connected), the screen goes black for a few seconds, and then it comes back to Digital again.

So the screen picture is fine, but the buttons are behaving weirdly. I guess in the best case it's just stuck in a funny mode where the regular settings are blocked? Is that possible? Or could I have a hardware problem with a stuck button, for example?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Diplodocus
Product(s): Various

Re: Sudden strange behaviour from Scenicview P20

Postby Diplodocus » Tue May 02, 2017 10:20

Hi there,

It sounds like your OSD/on and off buttons are locked. Have you tried resetting them using the manual? See below extract...

SCENICVIEW P17-2 / P19-2 / P20-2

Locking the OSD menu
The OSD menu can be locked to prevent accidental or unauthorised changes to the monitor settings.
► Press and hold the SELECT/MENU button for a few seconds while you switch on the monitor with the ON/OFF switch.
A message is displayed that the action has been performed.
Please proceed in the same manner to release the locked OSD menu again.

Locking the ON/OFF button
The ON/OFF switch can be locked to prevent accidental or unauthorised changes to the monitor settings.
► Press and hold both buttons 6 and 5
A message is displayed that the action has been performed.
Please proceed in the same manner to release the locked ON/OFF switch again.

Diplodocus :D
Diplodocus :D

activityworkshop
Product(s): Scenicview P20

Re: Sudden strange behaviour from Scenicview P20

Postby activityworkshop » Thu May 04, 2017 20:56

Hi Diplodocus, thanks a lot for trying to help!

I think you're right, I think it is stuck in this "locked" mode, but I think there's some other problem which is preventing it from unlocking. That's why I thought maybe a stuck button, although all the buttons except the volume up button do _something_ so they can't be stuck.

If I hold the "Select/Menu" button while powering on with the power button, I don't get any confirmation that I've unlocked it, it just prevents it from showing the "Analogue/Digital" selection message which it now shows at power-on. As soon as I release the "Select/Menu" button, this "Analogue/Digital" message comes up and it behaves as before.

The locking of the power button doesn't happen for me when I hold both "volume up" and "volume down" buttons together. Instead, it happens when I just press and hold the "volume down" button.

It seems like this must be quite simple to fix if only I knew how!

Return to “Displays”