Ergo Pro x453 not booting...

All topics related to PC
cymrurob

Ergo Pro x453 not booting...

Postby cymrurob » Thu Feb 28, 2002 20:38

I have an x453 that has stopped booting for no apparent reason.<BR>Has anyone else had a problem like this?<BR>If so, have you solved it?<BR>If so, how?<P>I have not made any upgrades to the hardware recently or anything like that. It was running Win XP quite happily until a few nights ago.<P>Normally I am very good with computers but this has stumped me. Please could someone help?

Data

Re: Ergo Pro x453 not booting...

Postby Data » Mon Mar 04, 2002 9:38

Is there any activity within the PC.<BR>Such as a turning Fan, or spinning hard disk?<BR>If not, it is very possible that your PSU is defective.<P>Tegards,<BR>Data.<BR>

cymrurob

Postby cymrurob » Mon Mar 04, 2002 23:26

There is activity:<BR>The fans go round, the hdd's spin up etc.<BR>There is definately some activity in the bios too: if I try to switch it on without the memory installed, the speaker produces the correct error code.<BR>I have checked all of the voltages coming out of the power supply, all are present and correct.

Postby » Sun Mar 10, 2002 21:49

Hello.<BR>I have ErgoPro D4/66d P and the symptoms of this problem are exactly same:<BR><UL TYPE=SQUARE><BR><LI> The fan go round.<BR><LI> Probably the HDD would spin up also, <BR><LI> but this mainboard supports only SCSI<BR><LI> drives and i don't have any. (Used it<BR><LI> for a floppy-router until i tried to <BR><LI> use a 386 controller.)<BR><LI> Also:<BR><LI> The disk drive starts reading and the<LI> speaker produces an error code.<BR></UL><P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>There is definately some activity in the bios too: if I try to switch it on without the memory installed, the speaker produces the correct error code.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>How do you know, that it is the correct error code? Where could i get the list of the error codes?<P>Honestly, i think i need to reinstall BIOS<BR>or similar think to that. Resetting BIOS doesn't work, there just isn't any (working) BIOS installed on the mainboard IMHO.<P>Regards, <BR> Henrik<P> henrikp@syg.edu.ee <P><BR><p>[This message has been edited by henrikp (edited 10 March 2002).]

Return to “Personal Computers (archive)”