Another Scaleo P querey.....

All topics related to PC
artfulshrimper

Another Scaleo P querey.....

Postby artfulshrimper » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:52

Still having slow boot up times (On another thread?) ;-(<P>Also why does my computer show Floppy Disc drive A, when I dont actually have a floppy disc drive? <BR>I have flashed with the new BIOS update, I have downloaded drivers for evrything and I'm getting grief from the machine.<BR>I have reinstalled windows etc. (3 times in 4 months!)<P>In summary.<P>Boot up takes about 2-3 minutes sometimes after the windows page the screen goes black and then it returns to boot up again, then the whole process takes about 6 minutes.<P>Drive A is shown as being a floppy disc drive, even though it doesn't exsist.<P>The USB driven mouse sometimes freezes which requires another lengthy boot up.<P>I frequently get Modem connection errors as the computer cannot see my modem, even though its there, another lengthy reboot solves this.<P>--<P>All in all I bought my machine to upgrade from my old Windows ME Celeron 667Mhz. Problem is that was more reliable and faster :-( . it's still under warranty but to be honest if I don't get answers from Fujitsu then I will pushing for a replacement or even better a refund....sorry to whinge here but i'd be interested to see if anyone else has been having problems, I bought the thing at PC World;-<BR>spec 3.4 Ghz<BR>1Gb RAM<BR>Pentium 4.<BR>Without! A floppy disc.<P><BR>Cheerz.<BR>

artfulshrimper

Re: Another Scaleo P querey.....

Postby artfulshrimper » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:17

I almost forgot....<P>Whilst reinstalling windows I tried to reinstall from the Fujitsu~Siemens disc, but each time it said recover folder not found.<P>this meant that i had to use the Windows Back up disc and then reinstall all my drivers.<P>Thought i'd mention it in case its relevant.

Return to “Personal Computers (archive)”