harddisk partition

All topics related to PC
jwwilmsen

harddisk partition

Postby jwwilmsen » Fri Nov 25, 2005 17:50

just bought a new fujitsusiemens Scaleo P with WinXP, and i want to make a harddisk partition. <P>I am systemadmin of the PC but unable to make a partion. There is no right-click-menu-option "new partion", what according to the HELP must be. <P>Does anyone have a solution? <BR>Thanks.<BR>janwillem

Josl

Re: harddisk partition

Postby Josl » Fri Nov 25, 2005 20:19

Hi!<P>Unfortunately it´s not possible to create a partition with Windows only. You need a 3rd parity software, like "partition magic", to do this. Normaly such a software runs under a own native DOS environment, because normaly it´s not possible to create a partition, while windows is running.<P>Regards,<P>Josl<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jwwilmsen:<BR><B>just bought a new fujitsusiemens Scaleo P with WinXP, and i want to make a harddisk partition. <P>I am systemadmin of the PC but unable to make a partion. There is no right-click-menu-option "new partion", what according to the HELP must be. <P>Does anyone have a solution? <BR>Thanks.<BR>janwillem</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Return to “Personal Computers (archive)”