The weirdest problem ever??

All topics related to PC
worfieboy

The weirdest problem ever??

Postby worfieboy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 16:59

i just posted a new thread yesterday about my newly installed motherboard, but it seems i was wrong about the fixing. this is the problem:<P>the booting process stops at the weirdest moments. only if i restart the pc by hand 10-15 times, will windows load. and every time i restart, it says something different: once, it halts in the first seconds when bios is loading, sometimes it states "pxe-e53: no boot filename received" and gets stuck there, sometimes it looks for some sort of client mac adress for ever, and every now an then it says: "invalid disk drive". after 10-15 retries it will load windows normally as if it were the most normal thing in the world. <P>the funny thing is, once windows has loaded, the system works perfectly and i can restart from windows without getting these booting problems. only i turn off the system over night, i get those errors in the next morning.<P>what could be the cause?? i just installed a new motherboard from siemens (seems to be a newer model), but it has the same problem!!<P>i run a scaleo 600 with winxp. no other weird peripherial is attached that might cause problems.<P>any help is warmly appreciated!

worfieboy

Re: The weirdest problem ever??

Postby worfieboy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 17:03

ach übrigens, man kann auch auf deutsch antworten. habe gar nicht gemerkt, dass dieses forum auch von deutschsprachigen personen frequentiert wird.

DeeJay

Re: The weirdest problem ever??

Postby DeeJay » Thu Nov 10, 2005 22:13

Ich mache das lieber in English.<P>The problem may be caused by a defective power supply. To test this, warm the power supply (before first start) with a hairblower. Ofcourse, not too hot!<P>In the supply, there may be components that have deteriorated, and only function wel after a bit of warming up, which might be the case after 15 starts.<BR>

Return to “Personal Computers (archive)”