Password for entering BIOS x453

All topics related to PC
kva49

Password for entering BIOS x453

Postby kva49 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:15

I have desktop Fujitsu ErgoPro x453 desktop computer. Last time after computer on, it require entering password (i dont't know it :-)<BR>Shorting "clear CMOS" jumper or battery extraction are not affected. I think that password keeps in ROM BIOS.<BR>I need help to know "engineering password" for my computer.<BR>System BIOS #56 Ver 1.21.

Juggernaut

Re: Password for entering BIOS x453

Postby Juggernaut » Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:23

Keeping the Password in ROM is something that is extremely rare (if used at all).<P>The only case where I know that the password is very hard to clear is if you have a very old mainboard with a discrete DALALS clock chip, which includes Battery and CMOS in one chip. There were some versions of this chip without CMOS clear function, and these are the hard ones.<P>Try the following:<P>- Remove AC power<BR>- Remove the battery<BR>- Short the terminals of the battery holder for a few seconds<BR>- re-insert Battery<BR>- re-insert AC Power<P>CMOS should be cleared now.<BR>

kva49

Re: Password for entering BIOS x453

Postby kva49 » Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:11

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juggernaut:<BR><B>Keeping the Password in ROM is something that is extremely rare (if used at all).<P>The only case where I know that the password is very hard to clear is if you have a very old mainboard with a discrete DALALS clock chip, which includes Battery and CMOS in one chip. There were some versions of this chip without CMOS clear function, and these are the hard ones.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>There is no DALLAS chip on the MB. Only separate battery.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Try the following:<P>- Remove AC power<BR>- Remove the battery<BR>- Short the terminals of the battery holder for a few seconds<BR>- re-insert Battery<BR>- re-insert AC Power<P>CMOS should be cleared now.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I tried all this methods, but unfortunately! I think that passw may stored on hard disk in it's special partition - I will test that idea.<BR>And I have a list of engineer's password from different BIOS's, but I don't know the name of the manufacturer of this BIOS (there is no any information about this on the screen) :-(<P>

Return to “Personal Computers (archive)”