problems with scaleo ta (gamestar pc)

All topics related to PC
chas

problems with scaleo ta (gamestar pc)

Postby chas » Wed Sep 14, 2005 23:11

Hi everybody!<P>Today, my new FSC Scaleo Ta was delivered.<BR>Though it looks very nice, it causes some trouble...<P>Problems:<BR>- while using and copying from an external usb harddisk to the internal disk (250gb in a sharkoon case), the system freezes<BR>- the pc gave me a bluescreen once saying "machine_check_exception"<BR>- usb-devices are permanently shown as storage (even the keyboard and mouse) on the windows taskbar<BR>- the internal harddisk is shown as usb-device on the windows taskbar<P>Before contacting "official" support, I would be happy if someone could help or give some hints.<P>Thx!!<BR>Martin<P>German/Deutsch:<P>Mein neuer Gamestar PC --> Scaleo Ta<BR>bereitet mir Kopfzerbrechen.<P>- Benutzung einer externen Festplatte (Sharkoon USB Gehäuse mit 250GB Platte) friert das System ein, wenn Dateien kopiert werden<BR>- 1x Bluescreen "machine_check_exception"<BR>- USB-Geräte werden in der Taskleiste als Wechselmedium erkannt (auch Tastatur/Maus/Joystick)<BR>- Interne Festplatte steht in der Taskleiste als USB-Gerät<P>Hat jemand Tips? Vielen Dank für mögliche Hilfe im Voraus!<P>Martin

chas

Re: problems with scaleo ta (gamestar pc)

Postby chas » Wed Sep 14, 2005 23:54

Hi again!<P>Looks like I could solve one of my "problems"...<P>Keyboard, Mouse and USB-devices are listed properly. I "forgot" the card-reader, which is shown in the explorer as drive E:, F:, G:, H:.<BR>That was my fault and it explains, that the taskbar shows those mass-storage-devices.<P>Nevertheless, I wonder why my harddisk is shown in the taskbar.<BR>If someone has a hint, I would be very thankful!<P>Martin<P>German/Deutsch:<P>Ich habe eben ein "Problem" lösen können. Die 4 vermeintlich falsch erkannten USB-Geräte (Maus/Tastatur/Joystick/Digicam-Dock) haben sich als der Cardreader entpuppt. Das ist zum einen erfreulich, zum anderen ist es mir natürlich auch peinlich...<P>Dennoch wundere ich mich, warum die Festplatte in der Taskleiste unter dem "Hardware sicher entfernen"-Icon zu finden ist. Tips sind willkommen!<P>Martin

chas

Re: problems with scaleo ta (gamestar pc)

Postby chas » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:12

Hi once again,<P>today, the pc showed me a Windows message saying that Windows XP had detected a hardware error and that I should contact the OEM (OEM --> manufacturer --> Fujitsu-Siemens).<P>The pc also crashed while I was playing Falcon 4.0 Allied Force.<P>Unfortunately, the FSC telephone support left me waiting with some freaky music, so I couldn't get any help.<P>Somehow, I admit, I'm getting a bit stressed and angry about the pc and the support. For the amount of money I spent on the Scaleo Ta, I expect a system running properly.<P>Hope I can get some help/hints...<P>Martin<P>German/Deutsch:<P>Hallo!<P>Heute hat mich der PC mit einem Windows-Fenster begrüßt: "Es wurde ein Hardwarefehler durch die CPU festgestellt. Kontaktieren Sie den Hersteller."<P>Dann stürzte das System beim Spielen von Falcon 4.0 Allied Force ab.<P>Der FSC Telefonsupport hat mich heute ergebnislos düdelige Klimpermusik hören lassen. Ärgerlich, wenn man wie ich nur ein Handy hat. Ich ärgere mich momentan schon ziemlich über das System. Von einem Gerät in dieser Preisklasse erwarte ich eigentlich, dass es problemlos läuft.<P>Hat jemand Tips, was ich jetzt am besten mache?<P>Gruß,<BR>Martin

Return to “Personal Computers (archive)”