Wireless keyboard security

All topics related to PC
Erik Jon Sloth

Wireless keyboard security

Postby Erik Jon Sloth » Thu Sep 08, 2005 18:27

Hi Forum :o)<P>Yesterday the mouse pointer started moving by itself and words were being typed without me touching the keyboard. A rather startling experience, I kid you not! It turns out my neighbour has a similar wireless keyboard. He is on the second floor in no. 9 while I'm on third in no. 11, about 5-10 meters away trough a brick wall and a wooden floor.<P>Is it possible to change the wireless frequency in order to use 2 pc's with similar keyboards/mice at the same time? Its a Scaleo T with a Fujitsu-Siemens wireless keyboard.<P>Does this mean that anybody with a similar keyboard will be able to view anything I type, including passwords and sensible information?!??<P>I have tried to find answers in here, but no luck :(<P>Thanks in advance:)<BR>/e<p>[This message has been edited by Erik Jon Sloth (edited 09 September 2005).]

MrNice

Re: Wireless keyboard security

Postby MrNice » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:42

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Erik Jon Sloth:<BR><B>Hi Forum Image)<P>Yesterday the mouse pointer started moving by itself and words were being typed without me touching the keyboard. A rather startling experience, I kid you not! It turns out my neighbour has a similar wireless keyboard. He is on the second floor in no. 9 while I'm on third in no. 11, about 5-10 meters away trough a brick wall and a wooden floor.<P>Is it possible to change the wireless frequency in order to use 2 pc's with similar keyboards/mice at the same time? Its a Scaleo T with a Fujitsu-Siemens wireless keyboard.<P>Does this mean that anybody with a similar keyboard will be able to view anything I type, including passwords and sensible information?!??<P>I have tried to find answers in here, but no luck Image<P>Thanks in advance Image<BR>/e<P>[This message has been edited by Erik Jon Sloth (edited 09 September 2005).]</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>It depends on the wireless keyboard, wheather they can change the frequency. Take a look at the backside of the keyboard, perhaps thes a swith to change the frequency.<P>greets<BR>

Return to “Personal Computers (archive)”