Activy Media Center 370 on ISDN ?

All topics related to PC
celloengineer

Activy Media Center 370 on ISDN ?

Postby celloengineer » Sun Sep 04, 2005 20:17

I just purchased an Activy Media Center 370 Sat. In order to use also its internet capability i would like to know if it can be used also with ISDN instead of DSL since in my living area no DSL is available (optical fibre...).<BR>Can someone recommend a suitable WLAN ISDN device which cooperates with the media center ?

MrNice

Re: Activy Media Center 370 on ISDN ?

Postby MrNice » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:32

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by celloengineer:<BR><B>I just purchased an Activy Media Center 370 Sat. In order to use also its internet capability i would like to know if it can be used also with ISDN instead of DSL since in my living area no DSL is available (optical fibre...).<BR>Can someone recommend a suitable WLAN ISDN device which cooperates with the media center ?</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think ISDN is not a good choice to get online with the Activy Media Center, because actually no ISDN flatrates ar offered anymore.<BR>Surely you can go online via wireless lan and ISDN. Therefore you'll need an access point, an ISDN Router an a wireless lan adapter for the AMC. The ISDN router has to be connectet to the access point. Configure the access point with an static IP-address, disable the dhcp server and write down in the configuration of the access point the IP-address auf the ISDN router as gateway.<BR>The ISDN Router must have an dhcp server running so that the IP-addresses will be generated automaticly. <BR>On the AMC the WLAN adapter has to be configured as it is described in the manual.<BR>This should work Image<BR>Although this works, you have to think about th costs that will be caused by using an ISDN connection. Video on Demand is not really possible, because you'll have to load to much data.<BR>Also firmwareupdates are very big. If you own a AMC satelite, you should use the EPG via satelite.Firmware updates could be downloaded manually and installed on the AMC by CD. The current Firmware version you'll find here:<BR>ftp://activy:activy@ftp.fujitsu-siemens.com/1.4.224_update_cd.zip<BR>The file contains about 400MB!!<P>greets <P>

Return to “Personal Computers (archive)”