Scenic 800 (D1107) maximum HDs

All topics related to PC
Seife10

Scenic 800 (D1107) maximum HDs

Postby Seife10 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:58

how many hd-drives at a time supports this computer (resp. powersupply)?<P>i plan to build a little fileserver with following devices:<BR>- cd-rom<BR>- hd1 (linux os)<BR>- hd2, hd3, hd4 (raid5)<P>i attached these 3 additional hds and as i switched the power on, the hds electronic sparkeld and smoke came underneath out. i ruined all hds, none will spin.<P>what have i done wrong?<BR>is there a limited number of hds to be used in this machine?<P>thanx in advance<BR>tomas

MrNice

Re: Scenic 800 (D1107) maximum HDs

Postby MrNice » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:00

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seife10:<BR><B>how many hd-drives at a time supports this computer (resp. powersupply)?<P>i plan to build a little fileserver with following devices:<BR>- cd-rom<BR>- hd1 (linux os)<BR>- hd2, hd3, hd4 (raid5)<P>i attached these 3 additional hds and as i switched the power on, the hds electronic sparkeld and smoke came underneath out. i ruined all hds, none will spin.<P>what have i done wrong?<BR>is there a limited number of hds to be used in this machine?<P>thanx in advance<BR>tomas</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>How did you you plugg on all these devices? Do you have an axtra PCI controller plugged? This seems a littl curios. What kind of Raid you planned to perform with three HDD's?<BR>Scenic 800 Series could have 2 possible power supplies. An 200W or an 145W.<P><BR>greets

Return to “Personal Computers (archive)”