Scaleo T PC, cardreader trouble

All topics related to PC
jessinha

Scaleo T PC, cardreader trouble

Postby jessinha » Sun Jul 31, 2005 19:18

Hello, i just received a new PC FJS Scaleo T PC, and now i have troubles with the inside cardreader. With that i suppose to read SD and Compact Flash cards.<BR>The first time i used the computer it worked perfectly but after i restarted my pc i can't read any SD or Compact flashcard anymore. they are also not listed in "MY Computer screen " as removable media.<BR>Also when i put the card in it, my pc wont recognise anything is in it.<BR>It also doesnt show anymore it has a cardreader in my pc.<P>What can I do with it? I didn't do anything except restarting the system.

peterg

Re: Scaleo T PC, cardreader trouble

Postby peterg » Wed Aug 03, 2005 22:17

Funnily enough, Or rather not. This also happened to me three days ago. So, Three days of googling and posting in a couple of forums this solution worked for me.<BR>I was told to open the computer up, And i followed the grey cable from the back of where the card reader seemed to be in the cpu, To the mother board ( i think )<BR>There were two cables attached to the board, I unplugged them, then plugged them back in ( with computer off ) Switched it all on, And to my shock all my removable disk ( card reader ) had re-appeared and worked....<P>good luck

hanslik

Postby hanslik » Thu Aug 11, 2005 18:27

Hi folks,<BR>it seems that this is a problem with most cardreaders of quite a lot of scaelo-pcs.<BR>I use to solve the problem by switching the pc off. Unplugging it (really pull off the power cord) wait for 1-2 minutes and after this time it should appear magically again.<BR>Greetings

Edelbit

Postby Edelbit » Fri Aug 19, 2005 22:08

Hi, after contacting Fujitsu-Siemns and after the exchange of the Mainboard - I now have a ASUS Mainboard instead of the Fujistu-Siemens one - everything works fine!<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jessinha:<BR><B>Hello, i just received a new PC FJS Scaleo T PC, and now i have troubles with the inside cardreader. With that i suppose to read SD and Compact Flash cards.<BR>The first time i used the computer it worked perfectly but after i restarted my pc i can't read any SD or Compact flashcard anymore. they are also not listed in "MY Computer screen " as removable media.<BR>Also when i put the card in it, my pc wont recognise anything is in it.<BR>It also doesnt show anymore it has a cardreader in my pc.<P>What can I do with it? I didn't do anything except restarting the system.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Return to “Personal Computers (archive)”