Scaleo 600 gets stuck when booting

All topics related to PC
worfieboy

Scaleo 600 gets stuck when booting

Postby worfieboy » Sat Jul 23, 2005 13:21

Hi. I have this weird problem that started a few days ago. When I boot my PC, the sequence freezes right after the memory frequency check. It says "detecting IDE drives..." but it move - means it acts like it's looking for the drives but it won't show anything. Only if I keep trying to reboot a few times eventually it will work and it'll boot normally. What could be the cause of that?? Bios? HDD?<P>The weird thing about it is that if I go directly to BIOS on start, it seems that BIOS finds the drives right away and after exiting BIOS the PC will boot normally. <P>I don't know what to do about this. Suggestions are warmly appreciated.<P>

davidboque

Re: Scaleo 600 gets stuck when booting

Postby davidboque » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:15

Maybe we had the same problem:<BR> <A HREF="http://support.fujitsu-siemens.com/talk2/ubb-files/Forum1/HTML/003696.html" TARGET=_blank>http://support.fujitsu-siemens.com/talk2/ubb-files/Forum1/HTML/003696.html</A>

worfieboy2

Re: Scaleo 600 gets stuck when booting

Postby worfieboy2 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 16:56

thanx alot for your help david, very kind of you to point me in the right direction. <P>i do have a couple of questions concerning your answer though. 1. is there really no other way to solve this problem other than buying a new motherboard? maybe you know more by now cause i realized that if i reset cmos my computer would boot after the second restart (instead of waiting 10 times to reboot). what could be the cause?? soft or hardware?? i also thought it could have something to do with the temperature of the board (that it might need some sort of pre-heating in order to start). or is that totally out of the question?<P>also, if i really have to end up buying a motherboard, what's the exact procedure? i know how to dismantle a pc and how to change a motherboard but i have never flashed bios before. is there any website that explains it?<P>thank you so much for your attention.<P>best,<P>worfieboy

Return to “Personal Computers (archive)”