mICROPHONE PROBLEMS

All topics related to PC
neolxs

mICROPHONE PROBLEMS

Postby neolxs » Tue Jun 07, 2005 22:06

Hi there,<P>I have just purchased a New Scaleo P PC. Everything is working fine except the microphone.<P> I have plugged it into the correct socket, however my voice is coming out over the speakers and not actually going into the computer.<P>I tried using the sound recorder in XP, but it disent do anything, no sound pick up at all. The only sound that can be heard with the mike is as I said earlier, My voice though the speakers!<P>Any Help Appreciated!

Juggernaut

Re: mICROPHONE PROBLEMS

Postby Juggernaut » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:49

I gues you have just wrong settings in the sound mixer:<P>(I hope the following applies to you, it is translated from German so perhaps the options are named a little different)<P>Double click on the speaker icon is the task bar. Now you should see the "playback" properties. All you have enabled here can be heared over the speakers. Make sure microphone is disabled (check box below the slider).<P>Next go to Options, Properties, select Record. Now you should see the "record" properties. Here you can only mark one check box. This should be microphone.<P>Also if you have front and rear audio you might have to select the right one of both microphones. Either theer is an "advanced" button below the microphone where you can select the second microphone, or you have to use the sound card utility to select the right microphone.

neolxs

Postby neolxs » Wed Jun 08, 2005 20:51

thanks Juggernaut, that did the trick!<P>Thanks again for your help!<P>neolxs<P>

malfidus

Postby malfidus » Sun Sep 11, 2005 17:21

Hi<P>I've got exactly the same problem as neolxs on my new Fujitsu-Siemens Scaleo P, but the solution given by Juggernaut didn't work for me.<P>I've done a bit of googling, and loads of people seem to be having the same problem. Most people seem to be resorting to buying a new soundcard, but I don't want to do that, since this is a new PC.<P>I'd be very grateful for any suggestions...<P>Thanks,<BR>Andrew

malfidus

Postby malfidus » Mon Sep 12, 2005 16:03

I <B>solved</B> my problem (eventually) Image<P>For reference, in case anyone has the same problem:<P>My jackplug setup is now:<BR>PINK JACK = MIC IN<BR>GREEN JACK = LINE OUT<P>So simple.

Return to “Personal Computers (archive)”