Scaleo P overheating??

All topics related to PC

Scaleo P overheating??

Postby » Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:27

Hi ive only just got my PC yesterday but its already restarted itself 5+ times, usually while i play a game (microsoft Flight sim) at first i thought it was a problem with the game but someone told me Overheating of the PC would cause this Restarting, and i had noticed the PC is hotter,much hotter than my old PC, what should i do? or send it back to fujitsu or the shop i bought it

DFSLICKER

Re: Scaleo P overheating??

Postby DFSLICKER » Tue Jun 07, 2005 18:10

HI, I HAVE SAME MACHINE, TRY SYSTEM RESTORE

Postby » Wed Jun 08, 2005 11:10

I have a Scaleo T and noticed the same thing - in a scaleo P (smaller) the build-up of heat must be even worse. The scaleo T come with a built-in "device" under the flap at the toip; I removed this to put in a DDS4 tape drive and soon noticed how warm the tapes were getting.<P>So, I purchased a super quiet Akasa amber 80mm fan, which really helps (tapes now juyst luke warm). Would firmly recommend you do the same. I may even go for a better cpu cooler as the supplied cooler, which "inhales" as opposed to exhausting from the heatsink does perform too well.<P>

Postby » Wed Jun 08, 2005 15:58

Thats because the grpahics card in this machine (Radeon x600) overheats and they all need replacing like mine did. only took 5 weeks...and the replacement was rubbish.<P>Best thing is take the machine back to the shop and buy from a less inept maunfacturer like i did.<P>These machine will only offer a lifetime of aggro, they can't even be bothered and install a cooler fan..says it all..<P>Fujitsu computers are not worth spit?

Postby » Wed Jun 08, 2005 15:59

This is a hardware issue, phone the tech support<p>[This message has been edited by FSCAdmin (edited 09 June 2005).]

Milo

Postby Milo » Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:39

I have exactly the same overheating problem on a brand new Scaleo P - plus a very annoying high-pitched squeal. I have re-positioned the computer for maximum airflow but if this doesn't resolve the problem I will return the machine.

wesleyburns

Postby wesleyburns » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:37

My friend and I both bought the Scaleo P, and he is having resetting problems, in toca 2, cos is room is hotter! The problem is that the video card has a PASSIVE cooler (there is no fan, just a sink).<P>And, there is also a high frequency squeeling noise, this must be a coil in the switch mode power supploy on the MOBO.<P>This machine NEEDS more fans, i want to add, but am I allowed to break the zip cable without vioding the warrenty????

Juggernaut

Postby Juggernaut » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:50

At least according to German law (as far as I know) you are allowed to break any seals without losing "Gewährleistung". This is because a PC is made for extending it by cards etc.

craigio

Postby craigio » Wed Jun 22, 2005 17:12

there is a quick solution ive found to work well enter the BIOS by pressing Delete as the pc boots up there is a power management option that allows you to have the pc fan on all the time rather than when needed, this has solved the rebooting problem for me

Mushy_Peas

Postby Mushy_Peas » Sat Jun 25, 2005 23:01

You are allowewd to break the warranty seal and install hardware that wont void the warranty. Obviously if you do any damage, that would not be covered.

wesleyburns

Postby wesleyburns » Sun Jun 26, 2005 18:07

I added 1 exaust fan at the back of my Scaleo P, and 1 blowing directly onto the video card. <P>My sistem is now 100% perfect, all it needed was some more fans. I purchased lows noise 16dB ball bearing fans, they are quite and last way longer.<P>I can leave the case on and do some heave processing and the main CPU fan doesnt even spin up faster cos its cool inside.<P>Also, my video card now sits and a pleasent 40deg/C instead of 75. And when u play a game and come out, its max is 48deg/C instead of 85! Heat is bad, get rid of it!!!<P>Cheers<BR>Wes

wesleyburns

Postby wesleyburns » Sun Jun 26, 2005 18:07

I added 1 exaust fan at the back of my Scaleo P, and 1 blowing directly onto the video card. <P>My sistem is now 100% perfect, all it needed was some more fans. I purchased lows noise 16dB ball bearing fans, they are quite and last way longer.<P>I can leave the case on and do some heave processing and the main CPU fan doesnt even spin up faster cos its cool inside.<P>Also, my video card now sits and a pleasent 40deg/C instead of 75. And when u play a game and come out, its max is 48deg/C instead of 85! Heat is bad, get rid of it!!!<P>Cheers<BR>Wes

Juggernaut

Postby Juggernaut » Mon Jun 27, 2005 23:52

Hmmm... what temperature is in your rooms where you use the PCs? This would be interesting, at east anything exceeding 35°C ambient Temperature is not guaranteed to work as far as I know.

Amsterdamned

Postby Amsterdamned » Tue Jul 12, 2005 15:16

As an update to my original post...<P>I started monitoring the system temp. after I had an unexpected rseatrt during warm weather (quite unusual in the UK!). The CPU was hitting 89C under load so I spoke to Tech Support who sent an engineer with a new CPU, heatsink and fan.<P>Now, under the same load, the CPU is 25C COOLER than before - looks like they have some quality issues for h/s, fan, cpu assembly.<P>My (updated) advice would be to get an exhaust/intake fan AND also speak to Tech Support if you have heat issues.<p>[This message has been edited by Amsterdamned (edited 12 July 2005).]

HelenTherese

Postby HelenTherese » Thu Sep 01, 2005 0:06

My Scaleo P started reheating in July, when for once we had very warm weather in the UK.<P>I have tried to reset the fan settings in the BIOS but when I checked them tonight it syas that the RPM on the system fan is zero. Is this normal?<P>I do remember that when it got hot in June it sounded like another fan was kicking in the PC as there was a noise like a jet engine but I haven't noticed this lately.<P>It happens when I am playing a game so I suppose that is loading the system. The PC is still under warranty but surely if the machine can't cope with even the temperatures in the UK when playing games the the Sale of Goods act must be being contravened?

Return to “Personal Computers (archive)”