Scaleo T (S-ATA SLOW)

All topics related to PC
Top Man

Scaleo T (S-ATA SLOW)

Postby Top Man » Fri Dec 10, 2004 20:56

Hi, Can any person help with a techy question? I have the scaleo T with the gigabyte GA-7VASFS Mainboard & 2.8ghz AMD.<BR>I have two drives, 80gb Samsung S-ATA & 80gb Samsung E-IDE.. on the benchmark the IDE drive does 52mb per sec & the S-ATA only can manage 4mb per sec and overall is slow. any ideas what would do this (Have done latest Bios)

tekman

Re: Scaleo T (S-ATA SLOW)

Postby tekman » Sat Dec 03, 2005 17:42

I have the same problem. Same motherboard and slow SATA performance. Clean XP Pro SP2 and the FS "Drivers and Utilities 10/2005"-DVD.<P>I only have one HD in the SATA0-port. Device manager reports that I have something in "Primary IDE Channel" and autodetect says PIO.<P>Since this is a replacement motherboard I can't find any manuals/bios/drivers since my serielnumber is for a different motherboard.<P>Trying to use the "Online Update" to get drivers but it just stops responding after the ActiveX has started.<BR>[This message has been edited by tekman (edited 03 December 2005).]<p>[This message has been edited by tekman (edited 03 December 2005).]

tekman

Postby tekman » Sat Dec 03, 2005 21:23

Downloaded the latest VIA HyperionPro Driver Package from VIA: <A HREF="http://www.viaarena.com/" TARGET=_blank>http://www.viaarena.com/</A> <P>Problem solved. The SATA-drive uses UDMA 6 and I now have a VIA SATA RAID-controller!<P>Didn't know that Gigabyte GA-7VASFS included a RAID-controller (VT8237). The manual I found at FS (google) just said there were two SATA-ports. <P>To boot from SATA I set SCSI as first boot.<P>Is there anyone who knows how to get bios and drivers from FS when you don't have a matching serielnumber?<p>[This message has been edited by tekman (edited 04 December 2005).]

Juggernaut

Postby Juggernaut » Mon Dec 05, 2005 15:57

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tekman:<BR><B>Is there anyone who knows how to get bios and drivers from FS when you don't have a matching serielnumber?<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yes, I do Image<P>You need to know what you are searching for, though. So for exapmle if you need a BIOS simply enter the mainboard's name in the full text search of the downloads page.<P>Or in many cases also you can select the hardware for which you need drivers through the selection boxes on that page.<P>Also you can use the auto internet update function of the Drivers & Utilities CD.<P>

Return to “Personal Computers (archive)”