scaleo recovery CD -windows ME

All topics related to PC

scaleo recovery CD -windows ME

Postby » Mon Aug 13, 2001 13:00

i want to reinstall the OS Windows ME on my scaleo.<BR>in the user manual it says : put the recovery disk in de CD-rom station en run setup.<BR>but that dont work with me.<P>can somone help me?<P>sorry for my bad spelling.

Binary

Re: scaleo recovery CD -windows ME

Postby Binary » Mon Aug 13, 2001 15:57

The manual is wrong. You should put the CD in the player and reboot the PC. It will find the CD and let you choose to boot from harddisk or CDROM. Choose CDROM. Then choose to install Windows from CD (option 1). If the CD is not found the bootsequence in the BIOS should be adapted. Go to Advanced BIOS Features and set First Boot Device to CDROM.

Postby » Mon Aug 13, 2001 17:09

i tried that but when i start setup i get the following message:<P>cant find:<P>o\\fsc\\eula.exe o\\fsc\\euloloc.txt <BR>o \\fsc\\eula.text<P>the o is a o with a ~ on it ?????<BR>

Postby » Mon Aug 13, 2001 17:13

i tried that but when i start setup i get the following message:<BR>cant find:<P>o\\fsc\\eula.exe o\\fsc\\euloloc.txt <BR>o \\fsc\\eula.text<P>the o is a o with a ~ on it ?????<P>

Binary

Postby Binary » Tue Aug 14, 2001 19:44

Looks like these files (which are on the CD) cannot be read properly anymore. What you could try is to make a copy of this CD and hope that the read-error get corrected in the proces. The try to boot from this CD.

Return to “Personal Computers (archive)”