Advanced BIOS settings

All topics related to PC

Advanced BIOS settings

Postby » Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:40

Hello,<P>I need to access more advanced BIOS settings, like wait-states for memory and AGP-settings. My Scaleo's BIOS setup interface doesn't give me those options though. <BR>Is there a way to enable an advanced BIOS setup?<P>I have a Scaleo 600 with a fsc D1627 motherboard and the latest BIOS (Fujitsu Siemens / Phoenix 4.06 Rev. 1.04.1627.01 , 2003-05-23)<P>Thanks, Kristoffer

Juggernaut

Re: Advanced BIOS settings

Postby Juggernaut » Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:41

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kristoffer:<BR><B><BR>I need to access more advanced BIOS settings, like wait-states for memory and AGP-settings.<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>You will not find an FSC BIOS with those "tweaking" options. FSC BIOSes st these things automatically to the best settings supported by your hardware. If you really MUST change settings like this you'll have to use a tool like WPCREdit / WPCRset.<P>Why do you "need" to access these settings? If something is not working OK then contact support. <P>But if you simply want to tweak, let it be, and enjoy a stable system. You will never notice performance gains if you do not tweak it like 20% more performance (not easily achieved). Everything below that you'll only see in benchmarks - never in real life.<P>

Return to “Personal Computers (archive)”