T-BIRD is making noice,HELP--PL.

All topics related to PC
Naeem Khan

T-BIRD is making noice,HELP--PL.

Postby Naeem Khan » Sun Jun 15, 2003 18:16

I am using T-BIRD with win XP(Home).From the last 2/3 weeks,i got this problem.One exactly at 12:01 at night my computer starts itself & second it is making noice.Some body told me some thing about Power supply and the cooling system of the computer,and he also said about registry corruption that can cause a bootloop.<BR>I tried with my limited information,but to no avail.<BR>Any idea PLEASE,will be appreciated.<BR>Thanks in advance.

Juggernaut

Re: T-BIRD is making noice,HELP--PL.

Postby Juggernaut » Mon Jun 16, 2003 15:15

First the obvious things:<P>Is the wakeup on timer in BIOS enabled? Is wake on power loss enabled and there's a power loss each night at 12:01?<P>Best of all load Setup Defaults, save & Exit.<P>What nosie is it making? From the PC Speaker? Describe it, please...<BR><p>[This message has been edited by Juggernaut (edited 16 June 2003).]

Naeem Khan

Postby Naeem Khan » Mon Jun 16, 2003 19:10

THANKS for responding.But for the questions you asked like wakeup on timer in BIOS,& wake on power loss,so how to check it& would you like to suggest to disable them and how?& by the power loss at 12:01,if you mean in my house;''NO'',& if you mean in the machine system,so that i don't know(PLZ,HELP--to figure it out).<BR>And how i do set up default,save&exit process.As far as the last question is concern,the noise is not comming from the pc speaker,it is like a dry machine is running ker ker--ker;some time low some time high,some time for a short time some time for a long time.As some body told me it is causing by the fan,so i checked it.It is not the fan but in side the metalic box on which the fan is fixed,but that person told me that i have two fans,& he alst said some thing like CPU,which i don't know.But today,i observed a bit change in the noising voice.Today in the morning for about 15/20 minutes,it stoped till afternoon it was smooth & quite.Also in the evening while reading your post,by starting the computer the noise was there for about 10/15 minutes and then till now it is magicaly stoped.<BR>Once again THANKS for the HELP & valveable information.

Juggernaut

Postby Juggernaut » Tue Jun 17, 2003 13:36

Go into BIOS (Press F2 during first seconds after starting), press ESC. This should bring you to the page where you can load Defaults.

Naeem Khan

Postby Naeem Khan » Fri Jun 20, 2003 18:28

This prescription(F2&Esc)did not work.Any body---Any idea!PLZ.

Juggernaut

Postby Juggernaut » Fri Jun 20, 2003 21:54

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Naeem Khan:<BR><B>This prescription(F2&Esc)did not work.Any body---Any idea!PLZ.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Well, where do you get by pressing F2 during the first seconds of boot? This should take you to a blue text screen: BIOS Setup. Now press ESC, maybe several times. This should bring you to a screen that offers to load Defaults. Do so. Then there's another option to save & exit. Do this.<BR>

Return to “Personal Computers (archive)”