What the heck?! i can now choose between windows home an

All topics related to PC

What the heck?! i can now choose between windows home an

Postby » Sun Oct 27, 2002 20:27

Hi everyone<BR>Got problem here, when i got the computer it was operatign fine, but suddenly today when i booted it up, it gives me the option of running windows Home or Professional???? how the heck?! it never did this before, it wouldn't be a problem sicne i choose home because my comp is home edition, but why does it suddenly ask me if i want home or professional? it's weird and i wanna get rid of it, how do i do that? i only want it to load home<P><BR>leave a message here or email me at: lidiasefton@aol.com

Spoony

Re: What the heck?! i can now choose between windows home an

Postby Spoony » Sun Oct 27, 2002 22:04

try ´start > settings > control panel > system > advanced > start and restore´ and uncheck the checkbox ´show list of operating systems´ (or similar - don´t know the correct words in the english version).<BR>or edit the ´c:\\boot.ini´.

Binary

Re: What the heck?! i can now choose between windows home an

Postby Binary » Mon Oct 28, 2002 17:24

Which, by the way, can be done by selecting <B>edit</B> and removing the line referring to the Professional. <BR>But one thing I'm sure of: someone started installing Windows XP Professional on your system. Of some is puuling your leg by adding an extra line to your boot.ini. Things like that just don't happen all by itself.

Return to “Personal Computers (archive)”