First of all you will need the followings files.
1. QNAP Finder or Fujitsu Finder
2. Fujitsu Q700 Firmware 3.2.4 - 0319T
3. QNAP TS-219 Firmware 3.2.3 Build0212
4. QNAP TS-219 Firmware latest (At this time 3.3.8 Build1217
You will find the above files at these URL's.
http://support.ts.fujitsu.com/com/suppo ... loads.html
1. Downgrade your Q700 to 3.2.4 firmware preferred with the use of one of the above finders.
2. Copy the QNAP firmware 3.2.4 named TS-219_3.2.3_Build0212.zip to the Public Folder of your Q700.
3. Use ssh to login to server. (Mac Users: Use Terminal and type ssh addressofnas@admin and enter then asks you for password by default on Q700 is admin.)
Help for Windows Users is welcome.
4. Type the following commands
- mv /share/Public/TS-219_3.2.3_Build0212.zip /mnt/HDA_ROOT/update/TS-219_3.2.3_Build0212.zip
ln -sf /mnt/HDA_ROOT/update /mnt/update
5. After a while and if everything went fine you will see in one of the Finders your Q700 stated as TS-219 with firmware 3.2.3Build0212
6. Update your firmware again with one of the finders with the latest firmware of QNAP.
Special thanks for the inspiration to Adrian
http://blog.scrobble.me/2010/02/fujitsu ... alisieren/
All the work is by him I just found that the procedure does not work with newer firmwares.
I assume that the procedure is reversible. But I haven't tried yet.
Thanks Fujitsu forum for hospitality