Help!! XP Drivers for Activy Sat Card?

Moderator: ModTeam

birkenhead
Product(s): Scaleo E

Help!! XP Drivers for Activy Sat Card?

Postby birkenhead » Mon Mar 02, 2009 19:33

HI,
Please help me, i recently purchased a Sat card and CI module, for my Scaleo E HTPC, the problem is when i login the FSC with my serial number for the FS site is not show the card?

Now i know why, because the was never installed for Scaleo E, can anyone offer a login number for a Activy 350, so can pull down the XP Windows drivers form the below card and CI module

FSC - S26361-D1297-V100 Sat Card from an Activy 350
FSC - S26361-D1301-V1 CI common Interface module

Pictures

My German is poor, so please for given my error.

Helfen Sie mir bitte, kaufte ich vor kurzem eine Sat-Karte und Ci-Modul, für mein Scaleo E HTPC, das Problem ist, wenn ich den FSC mit meiner Seriennummer fur anmelde, die der Rumpfstation-Aufstellungsort nicht Erscheinen die Karte ist?

Jetzt weiß ich, warum, weil nie für Scaleo E angebracht war, jedermann eine LOGON-Zahl für ein Activy 350 anbieten kann, kann die Windows-Fahrerform so herunterziehen die untengenannte Karte und Ci-Modul

s_mario
Product(s): *

Re: Help!! XP Drivers for Activy Sat Card?

Postby s_mario » Mon Mar 02, 2009 20:59

Sorry, there are no windows-drivers available. These cards are designed to work only with special FSC Middleware.
Some people tried to extract the drivers from Activy XP-Embedded Image, but they had no luck. These cards will only work in Activy Mediacenter.
Another way may be Linux.
AMC530 2x DVB-C + analog IN, 3.2.419, 2GB, P4 640HT, 2TB
AMC530 2x DVB-C + analog IN, 3.2.419, 1GB, P4 640HT
AMC370 1x DVB-C + 1*Analog, 1.6.115 SR5
AMC350 2x DVB-C, 1.6.115 SR5
AMC300, 1.6.115 SR5
AMC300, 2x DVB-C, Gen2VDR 1.6
SCALEO E, 2x Satelco EW DVB-C, 1GB, P4 670HT, EasyVDR 0.6.08 Wolf
Golden Media Spark One mit Neutrino HD
Celvin Q800 4x 1TB

birkenhead

Postby birkenhead » Mon Mar 02, 2009 21:10

Right, thanks for the reply!

Could it then be possible to install an activy 570 windows image will this "version" have the drives required for the SAT card!!! they are the same motherboard, display etc....

Anyone got a set of Activy 570 disks? :mrgreen:

s_mario

Postby s_mario » Mon Mar 02, 2009 22:27

I think it's easier to by another Sat-Card .
AMC530 2x DVB-C + analog IN, 3.2.419, 2GB, P4 640HT, 2TB
AMC530 2x DVB-C + analog IN, 3.2.419, 1GB, P4 640HT
AMC370 1x DVB-C + 1*Analog, 1.6.115 SR5
AMC350 2x DVB-C, 1.6.115 SR5
AMC300, 1.6.115 SR5
AMC300, 2x DVB-C, Gen2VDR 1.6
SCALEO E, 2x Satelco EW DVB-C, 1GB, P4 670HT, EasyVDR 0.6.08 Wolf
Golden Media Spark One mit Neutrino HD
Celvin Q800 4x 1TB

Touchscreen
Product(s): AMC370i (Celeron 1400, HD750GB), SB-LAN 160GB, LifeBook NH532, SB XL-E 750GB, SB-Solo 35-UB 1TB, Loox T830, Scaleo Home Server 2155, SB-Solo 20U, Amilo Mini Ui 3520 2GB, Celvin Q700

Postby Touchscreen » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:18

birkenhead wrote:Right, thanks for the reply!

Could it then be possible to install an activy 570 windows image will this "version" have the drives required for the SAT card!!! they are the same motherboard, display etc....

Anyone got a set of Activy 570 disks? :mrgreen:

Activy 3xx and 5xx are delivered without disks. They got a partition to rebuild the system. I don't know if you could swap the language of an AMC570 to english language or if the services like actual TV-information will work. (I don't think it is necessary for you to get a broadcast of german spoken TV via the provider TVTV. Otherwise you could use the data which are given via the DVB-S-stream.)
I really don't know if this will ever work to clone an image into the Scaleo and you'll get a AMC570. The GUI and the look and feel will be very different.
And you know about the facts of software piracy. I think it's not one of the best ideas to ask for a illegal copy at the manufacturers forum. I also think it's easier to buy the right set of interfaces.
AMC 370i 2*Kabel an Sony KDL 40W5
AMC-Tastatur, Binford 6100 (mehr Power! 318,2h frei)
SW 1.6.115SR5 & CrashTool
APP 2.0.12
GUI 1.5.0.18
WLAN AVM 7170 ISDN (10/100 BT) T-DSL 16k
StorageBird-LAN 802-H5N1β

birkenhead

Postby birkenhead » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:33

Surly there must be an option to create restore disks? what if the Hard drive fails? Uk also as TVTV.co.uk, language setting will not be a real problem.

I'm highly suprised that people are saying theres not a download option for the drivers under the AMC serial number???

Regarding piracy, The Scaleo E in licenced under FSC, same as Activy 5xx! so its not piracy because both use the same corporate XP licences supplied by the same company Fujitsu Siemens, under there own brand name! Also the Interfaces (sat card & Module) are genuine FSC parts.

The only difference between Activy 5xx range and Scaleo E is the wireless keyboard, remote control and some colour coding on the internal wiring to S video and Scart, on first power up... the displays shows Activy, on the Scaleo E it shows "Scaleo"!!! these are very minor differences which may force the image to blue Screen, but doubtful!

I think its very possible the Corp image would transfer happily!! I'm more than willing to try but need a set of restore disks first!

Touchscreen
Product(s): AMC370i (Celeron 1400, HD750GB), SB-LAN 160GB, LifeBook NH532, SB XL-E 750GB, SB-Solo 35-UB 1TB, Loox T830, Scaleo Home Server 2155, SB-Solo 20U, Amilo Mini Ui 3520 2GB, Celvin Q700

Postby Touchscreen » Tue Mar 03, 2009 15:23

birkenhead wrote:Surly there must be an option to create restore disks? what if the Hard drive fails? Uk also as TVTV.co.uk, language setting will not be a real problem.

There is no option to create a restore-disk. If a harddrive fails you could send your AMC to the service or with the AMC3xx you could contact the service-desk, leave your symptoms and serial-number and get a password-protected ISO-image to create a new harddisk. The password is told separately and you're not allowed to share the software and password. (part of the contract) Others made images of their harddrives to restore the system if the drive fails. I don't know if the same way works with the AMC5xx
birkenhead wrote:I'm highly suprised that people are saying theres not a download option for the drivers under the AMC serial number???

It's not needed to download drivers in that way. To install those drivers they had to be transfered into a cab-file with some additional information. The only way to install software on the AMC is to use a cab-file with a special naming. Inside the cab is a date of expiration and a version stamped on which AMC this could work. This isn't Windows XP with the known UI from your PC. Normally you only have only your TV-DVD-interface to the customer. If something was changed e.g. drivers they've been tested with the whole system and been released as a service-release (patch) or as a new version (upgrade).

birkenhead wrote:
Regarding piracy, The Scaleo E in licenced under FSC, same as Activy 5xx! so its not piracy because both use the same corporate XP licences supplied by the same company Fujitsu Siemens, under there own brand name! Also the Interfaces (sat card & Module) are genuine FSC parts.

The only difference between Activy 5xx range and Scaleo E is the wireless keyboard, remote control and some colour coding on the internal wiring to S video and Scart, on first power up... the displays shows Activy, on the Scaleo E it shows "Scaleo"!!! these are very minor differences which may force the image to blue Screen, but doubtful!

I think its very possible the Corp image would transfer happily!! I'm more than willing to try but need a set of restore disks first!

In my opinion it's a kind of piracy to give away a software from the AMC5xx to install on a Scaleo. It's not only the OS (XP-E) it's also the special developed software for the machine.
EULA wrote:Restricted Functionality. You are licensed to use the
SOFTWARE to provide only the limited functionality
(specific tasks or processes) for which the DEVICE
has been designed and marketed by Fujitsu Siemens
Computers. This license specifically prohibits any
other use of the software programs or functions, or
inclusion of additional software programs or functions,
on the DEVICE."

We don't have to discuss this, maybe a moderator will say something to this. Maybe your laws say something diferent to this part of piracy than mine. If you think it will be legal to put AMC5xx-Software on a Scaleo, why don't you ask a service-desk of FSC to get a copy of the AMC5xx-software?
AMC 370i 2*Kabel an Sony KDL 40W5
AMC-Tastatur, Binford 6100 (mehr Power! 318,2h frei)
SW 1.6.115SR5 & CrashTool
APP 2.0.12
GUI 1.5.0.18
WLAN AVM 7170 ISDN (10/100 BT) T-DSL 16k
StorageBird-LAN 802-H5N1β

birkenhead

Postby birkenhead » Tue Mar 03, 2009 16:06

Touchscreen wrote:
In my opinion it's a kind of piracy to give away a software from the AMC5xx to install on a Scaleo. It's not only the OS (XP-E) it's also the special developed software for the machine.
EULA wrote:Restricted Functionality. You are licensed to use the
SOFTWARE to provide only the limited functionality
(specific tasks or processes) for which the DEVICE
has been designed and marketed by Fujitsu Siemens
Computers. This license specifically prohibits any
other use of the software programs or functions, or
inclusion of additional software programs or functions,
on the DEVICE."

We don't have to discuss this, maybe a moderator will say something to this. Maybe your laws say something diferent to this part of piracy than mine. If you think it will be legal to put AMC5xx-Software on a Scaleo, why don't you ask a service-desk of FSC to get a copy of the AMC5xx-software?

Yes i see the point your are making about EULA, the DEVICE (SAT card) also the specialized software are deigned for the devices which i purchured. The problem with SD (sevice desk) is unless you hold a AMC serial number they will not deal with you! I forgot about the ISO download yes i remember downloading the ISO months back, but as you say its password protected! Again same problem SD won't help without AMC serial!!

So now i only need the password.

Jürgen FTS

Postby Jürgen FTS » Mon May 04, 2009 13:09

Hello birkenhead,

you have bought your SCALEO PC with the license for a particular operating system. Therefore you are allowed to run the Windows version which you have bought. (I guess, it is Windows XP Home Edition or Windows XP Media Center Edition.)
Our ACTIVY Media Center have been sold with the license for Windows XP embedded.
If you would install Windows XP embedded onto your SCALEO PC without having a license for it then you would violate Microsoft's licensing terms.

birkenhead wrote:Regarding piracy, The Scaleo E in licenced under FSC, same as Activy 5xx! so its not piracy because both use the same corporate XP licences supplied by the same company Fujitsu Siemens, under there own brand name!

That's not true.

Fact is that the cards which you have bought, have only been built into ACTIVY Media Center devices by us. Therefore we can't offer you any drivers to download and install.

Kind regards,

Jürgen

Return to “FRAGEN ZU EINSTELLUNGEN”