Parts of screen being cut off

BILDAUSGABE AN TV

Moderator: ModTeam

sodacan

Parts of screen being cut off

Postby sodacan » Mon Feb 13, 2006 19:06

Hello,

First I'd like to apologise for posting in English but my German is really bad and I couldn't find any other forum dedicated to Activy 570. I do undestand German quite well, so feel free to answer in German.

I've had the opportunity to test the Activy 570 with a couple of TVs and I've noticed that the image gets cut off at the edges when using analog video output (scart, composite). The image gets cut off more on the horizontal edges, about 2cm. Little less on the vertical edges, around 0,5cm. So it's like the image is zoomed in. There doesn't seem to be any controls for zooming the image, however. I'm able to adjust the image position using the provided controls but that doesn't really help since it just changes the offset within the viewport. Adjusting TVs' settings didn't help either.

I didn't encounter such problems when using VGA and DVI output with my video projector and monitor. I'm not able to use digital output with my TV since it only has Scart input.

Is there any solution to this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Right now this is the only problem preventing me from buying the otherwise great device.

Cheers,
Mikko

Mietzi

Postby Mietzi » Tue Feb 14, 2006 16:33

Hi Mikko,

the board admin promises the scalability of all output signals with the SW version 3.1.xxx (to be in beta test state soon):

In der Version 3.1.xxx wird es möglich sein die Bildgröße an der ACTIVY an allen Ausgängen zu verändern.

http://forum.ts.fujitsu.com/digitalhome/viewtopic.php?t=3884

(quote rudi Di Feb 14, 2006 7:46)

Hope this answers your question for now.

Ciao
Mietzi
ACTIVY Media Center 570 Sat P4 640 1.5GB RAM HD154UI (1.5TB)
SW 3.2.419 Beta + VZG 'deluxe' V2.70
Sharp LC37HV4E an YUV 720p60
Terastation Pro II
Harmony 895

sodacan

Postby sodacan » Tue Feb 14, 2006 17:28

Mietzi wrote:Hi Mikko,

the board admin promises the scalability of all output signals with the SW version 3.1.xxx (to be in beta test state soon):

In der Version 3.1.xxx wird es möglich sein die Bildgröße an der ACTIVY an allen Ausgängen zu verändern.

http://forum.ts.fujitsu.com/digitalhome/viewtopic.php?t=3884

(quote rudi Di Feb 14, 2006 7:46)

Hope this answers your question for now.

Ciao
Mietzi

Thanks! That's great news. I'll be going to pick one up right now :).

Cheers,
Mikko

Return to “Display output on TV”